Article I – Name
The name of the organization shall be Hartland Gymnastics Academy Booster Club or HGA Booster Club and shall be located in Hartland, Livingston County, Michigan.
Article II – Objectives
The objectives of HGA Booster Club shall be to provide support and assistance to the HartlandGymnasticsAcademy, Hartland Community Education, gymnasts, parents, and coaches, regarding Club policies, team progressions, and competition procedures.
Article III – Membership
HGA Booster Club membership is made up of all parents or guardians of all competitive gymnasts competing in U.S.A.G or similar competitions for HartlandGymnasticsAcademy. All dues, fees and deposits (to both Boosters and Community Ed.) must be paid to maintain voting privileges and the gymnasts’ competitive privileges.
Article IV – Officers and Elections
Sect. I The officers of the HGA Booster Club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Fundraising Chairman.
- President- presides over meetings of the Club and executive board. The president cannot nominate and can only vote in case of a tie.
- Vice President- shall perform the duties of the President in his/her absence. The Vice President shall investigate new sources within the community where the club shall benefit.
- Secretary- shall keep the minutes of all meetings, read the minutes at the following meetings for the approval of the general membership, and post the minutes for the general membership. The Secretary shall be the keeper of the By-Laws.
- Treasurer- Shall be the custodian of all funds for the club and be responsible for making deposits and payments. The treasurer will provide financial reports at regular booster club meetings and provide an annual report to the executive board following the end of the fiscal year. The annual report will also be available at the end of the fiscal year. Booster club dues shall be waived for the treasurer.
- Fundraising Chairperson(s)- shall promote fundraising activities to benefit the club objectives and support and assist the competitive team.
Sect. II Any member can nominate or be nominated for an officers’ position
- The election shall take place at the May meeting by ballot except when there is only one nominee in which case the election shall be voice vote.
- The president shall declare those officers who receive the majority vote.
- The term shall run for one full year, beginning with the election in May.
Article V – Club Management
Sect. I The management of the affairs of the club shall be vested in the board.
- Each Executive Board Member is expected to attend all board meetings, special meetings, and regular booster club meetings.
- Special meetings can be called by the executive board or by a vote by the club.
- The Executive board shall plan and promote club works. All major decisions being subject to the approval of the club, coaches, and the director of the Hartland Community Education.
- The elected officers shall have the power to transact the business of the club between meetings.
Article VI – The Executive Board
Sect. 1 The executive Board shall consist of the President, the Vice President, the Secretary, the Treasurer, Fundraising Chairman, and the Registrar.
Sect.2 Coaches, Level Representatives and the Director of Hartland Community Education shall be honorary board members.
Sect. 3. Level Representatives- shall act as liaison between HGA booster club, gymnasts, coaches, and parents. They shall also report meet scores to publicity chairman, along with making necessary phone calls to team members.
Sect. 4 The duties of the executive board are to create and approve any standing or special committees deemed necessary by the president. Recommendations shall be made by the general membership to the executive board.
Article VII – Meetings
Sect. I HGA booster club meetings will be held monthly unless the executive board designates otherwise. Regular meetings will not be held in the months of June and July.
Sect. 2 The fiscal year shall be from July 1 to June 30th.
Sect. 3 Attendance is recommended at all booster club meetings but attendance at 3 per year is required.
Article VIII – Dues
Sect. 1 All dues, fees and deposits are due as set by the executive board. Late charges as set by the executive board may be assessed for fees not paid on time.
Sect. 2 Membership dues, fees and deposits shall be determined by the Executive board for each fiscal year.
Article IX – General Fund
Sect. 1 The general fund shall consist of membership dues (which includes and is used toward Christmas Party, Banquet, Coaches & Gymnasts Gifts, Coaches hotels, mileage, food, and other related Coaches meet and clinic expenses), donations (personal and business), sponsorship and fundraising proceeds.
Sect. 2 The executive board may make the final decisions on how the booster clubs general fund is spent, pending the approval of the general membership.
Sect. 3 Proceeds from fundraising events may be targeted for specific needs or events.
Sect. 4 Any equipment purchase with the booster club funds will be property of Hartland Community Education.
Article X – Meet Fees and Coaches Fees
Sect. 1 The Executive Board shall determine the
competitive fees as needed for the competitive season. The fees will cover U.S.A.G dues and competitive wear, competition expenses and coach’s expenses to attend meets.
Sect. 2 Coaches fees and all travel expenses are to be paid by the Booster Club. Standard expenses are as follows: Coaches’ fees to be set by the board yearly. Mileage and parking fees, based on current IRS guidelines. Food allowance not to exceed $30.00 per day, per coach, based on receipts received.
Meets and Fundraising Participation
Sect. 1 Fundraising shall be generated by various activities throughout the year. The general membership will decide which activities will be conducted and where the proceeds will be directed.
Sect. 2 Participation is required for all Booster club members at every home meet and expected in the fundraising/sponsorship events. Each family must raise the minimum fundraising and/or sponsorship amounts set per year, per gymnast. A member may make an equivalent cash contribution to the club.
Article XII – Delinquency
Delinquency of any fees and/or participations may result in a gymnasts’ ineligibility to compete until all outstanding fees and/or requirements are paid or received in full.
Article XIII – Parliamentary Authority
All meetings of the HGA Booster Club shall be conducted in accordance with rules of parliamentary procedure contained in “Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised”.
Article XIV – Amending the By-Laws
The By-Laws of the HGA Booster Club may be amended at any regular meeting by a 2/3 vote of the voting members present.
Revised August 2, 2012